Today, I needed to exhaust the green dye bath. here are the two skeins chosen for the honor:
One, a handspun natural that I found at a garage sale, the other, a seafoam green coned yarn that I was given (and have tons of), neither of them particularly soft. I really am happy with the pale green skein.
I expected these to turn out kelly green like the original dyelot, but when I went to rinse the bucket, I found that the blue dye had adhered to the sides, and the rinse water was coming out very very blue. I saved it, and it will be the basis of my next dyelot. It is interesting, the different dyes must have different weights or something.
I went ahead and joined the flickr group, freeform knit 365, like I need another project. The premise is this: one commits to do a bit of freeform knitting and photograph it, each day, for 365 days. I will say only that my pieces are going to be small until after the holidays. I couldn’t resist the challenge, though.