This was my craft and textile library.
This was my bed, and my beloved window. I used to wake every morning to the sun’s rise reflected on downtown Astoria. That last night I woke (at 3 am) to the smell of smoke and the backyard all a-glow, cozy crackling and the sight of sparks coming off the side of the house…
The refrigerator. The kitchen was hardest hit. You can see the ladder behind the fridge that is being used to get upstairs. The stairs burned through.
There are few more pictures on my flickr. I am hoping to move beyond all this soon, but truth be told, I have been having hard days lately…
hi all. I’m bummed. I was just getting back into blogging after a long break and then the damn computer burns up. Thanks to our dear friend Behr (and her sister) Alice has a new computer, and I have privileges so I am going to try to do this periodically…
First of all, I NEED to say huge THANKS to everyone EVERYONE! who has sent me support, vibes, money, stuff… JUDE!, that kitty is so amazing, SO amazing. I cannot tell you how much energy went through me when I opened the package and found her waiting. She was in my pocket for a long time after. I need to take a photo it’s true.
I do have a new house. Can I mention that by now I am sick of having new houses? I don’t mean to complain though. It is a nice new-to-me house.
Come take a little tour…
just a wee one…
The front porch:
view from the room that will be the dining room. Burned antler and surviving moon pendant.
artifacts. My jewelry survived! As did the box that some it lives in (middle item) but barely:
I bought myself a new camera and a thumb drive and I look forward to more photodocumentation of life as it unfolds.
Someone is going to be at my house soon to look through fabric so I had better finish this lovely pint (yes I’m at a pub) and get home. More sooner, and I can’t wait to start reading other people’s blogs as well!